I’m going to let you in on a little secret…..my hubby is an eggnog freak!!! No he doesn’t do weird things with eggnog……but he IS pretty eggnog obsessed!! He absolutely loves it and cannot get enough. Unfortunately for him, it’s only available for a short time around the holidays, so I try to sneak in a few eggnog inspired treats so he can get his fill. I found this eggnog fudge recipe a few years back, included it in some homemade Christmas gift baskets and it was an instant hit with our family!! This year I’ve added it to my Christmas cookie trays because after putting in a 12 hour cookie baking marathon over the weekend, I am loving me a good no bake recipe right about now!!! I know you can relate. This fudge is super simple, only 6 ingredients, and perfect for a last minute Christmas gift…..just make sure you keep a few squares for yourself!! You can thank me later.
Here’s all you’ll need: eggnog, sugar, white chocolate chips, butter, marshmallow fluff, and a little nutmeg.
Start by lining a 13X9 pan with aluminum foil, then spray with cooking spray.
Combine sugar and eggnog in a Dutch oven. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to stir occasionally as it’s coming to a boil. Once it starts to boil, stir constantly (and continue to do so) and heat for 10 minutes. Stir with caution. No splashing! No reckless abandon! This mixture is very hot and sticky. If you are a klutz in the kitchen just shut it down right now!
Remove the mixture from the heat. Stir in the white chocolate chips, butter and marshmallow fluff. Getting the fluff out of the jar is probably the hardest or at least the stickiest part of this recipe! Does anyone know an easy way to do this??? I’m all ears!!! Stir until the white chocolate chips are melted and the butter and fluff are completely incorporated. The mixture should be nice and smooth!! Also you can skip your arm workout today after all that stirring.
Pour the fudge mixture into the foil lined pan. Spread evenly until nice and smooth!
And last but not least, sprinkle with a little bit of nutmeg. This is my favorite part of the whole recipe!! This little nutmeg dusting is clutch. You want to do this right away before the fudge has a chance to start setting up. Allow the fudge to cool completely to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour until it’s nice and firm. Once you’re sure that it’s completely solid all the way through, lift the foil out of the pan. Cut the fudge into 1 inch squares.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Or if you’re up North like us Buffalo folks, you can store in the mudroom or on the back porch! (yep! That’s a thing!) You know it’s not going above 30 degrees anytime soon!! Santa called and said he wants some eggnog fudge on his cookie plate this year!
Easy Eggnog Fudge
- 1½ cups eggnog
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow cream
- nutmeg for dusting
- Step 1 Line a 13X9″ pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Combine sugar and eggnog in a Dutch oven. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Step 3 Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to stir for 10 minutes as it boils.
- Step 4 Remove the mixture from the heat. Stir in the white chocolate chips, butter and marshmallow fluff. Stir until the chips are melted and everything is fully incorporated.
- Step 5 Pour the fudge mixture into the foil lined pan. Spread evenly until smooth. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Step 6 Allow the fudge to cool completely to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour until firm. Once it’s completely solid, lift out of container, and cut into 1 inch squares. Stir in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments and love down below!